Aunt Allison's Breadless Strata
Trader Joe's Chicken Breakfast Sausages
* Assorted Pastries / * Fruit Breads
Trader Joe's also sells an excellent Banana Bread Mix (very easy to make
* Fresh Fruit or * Juice
* coffee / tea / mineral water (drink daily)Aunt Allison's Breadless Strata
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- *16 oz. (1 pint) cottage cheese
- * 1 lb. of jack cheese ( or cheese of choice) grated
- * 1/2 cup of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees
- sift dry ingredients (set aside)
- mix eggs
add both cheeses
- mix in dry ingredients
- set egg mixture aside
- put butter into a 3 quart glass baking dish and melt in oven
- remove dish and pour egg mixture into baking dish
- bake uncovered in for 15 minutes
- turn oven down to 350 degrees
continue cooking uncovered for 45 minutes
- if edges start to get too brown cover with foil
- remove when finished cooking and let rest before serving
- garnish with fresh chopped parsley and fresh ground pepper
- include on buffet salsa / hot sauce
2. Day Two Menu - Travel Day Buffet
- * assorted yogurts - create a self serve station
- toppings for yogurt: Kashi Cereals - the crunchy 7 whole grain nuggets cereal holds up well in the yogurt / chopped walnuts or almonds/ fresh berries
- if serving plain yogurt serve honey to help add a naturally sweet flavor
- * assorted bagels / * toasts / rye crackers
- smoked salmon (Whole Foods has an excellent selection)
- *cream cheese / goat cheese
- sliced melon
- *coffee / tea / mineral water (drink daily)
HELPFUL HINT:1.If you do not live in Southern California, I am sure there is a local farm near you that would be very happy to deliver farm fresh products to your home. If you do live in Southern California, then visit www.rockviewfarms.com and start making your life simple and healthy!
2. Aunt Allison's Breadless Strata can easily be made for fewer people. Just cut the ingredients in half, use a smaller glass dish, and bake for half the amount of time.
FUN FACT:Benefits of Drinking Mineral Water
Information provided by GlasWater Blog and ArticlesThe minerals listed below are found in most popular mineral waters, however be sure to drink waters that are low in sodium.
- magnesium - Strengthens the immune system, relaxes the body and muscles and even helps lower blood pressure.
- chloride & bicarbonates - Helps with digestion and assists in keeping acid and balance within the stomach and upper and lower intestines.Sulfate
- iron - Small quantities found in many types of mineral water. Iron is necessary to help blood deliver oxygen throughout the body.
- sulfate - Used by the body as a cleaning and detoxifying agent.
SIMPLY STOCKED PANTRY:flour
freshly ground coffee / whole beans (actually better if stored in the freezer)
hot sauces of choice