- Geekwiz.com posts up to date review, articles, money saving promo codes and specials for the newest and greatest computers, gadgets, electronics and much much more.
- Charles-Etienne Roy co-founder of Geekwiz.com created this site as a place where customers can research and purchase products at a discounted price using coupons and promo codes similar to Newegg.
- The site is user friendly with all the information you need about technology in one place.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
- flavored milk
- soy products
- Lactaid products
- organic milk
- butter / cream
- cottage cheese / sour cream
- assortment of cheeses
- cereals / breads
- assortment of juices
- farm fresh eggs
- bottled water
- Farmer John's bacon
- Tanaka Farms (local farm fresh produce)
- Picket Lane Bakery (breads, cookies,pies, quiches,cakes, muffins,danish, croissants,bagels,scones,coffee,pastas and much more)
- Click Rockview under my "Page"section on this blog
- Rockview Home Page - http://www.rockviewfarms.com/
- Home Delivery Sign-up at http://www.wowdelivery.com/
- Talk with a friendly person at (714)543-0676
- The milk man is a symbol of a simpler time.
- Rockview is one of the last dairies in the state to own their own cows and process, package and distribute their own milk.
- Rockview farms does everything naturally and with the animals' health in mind.
- Benefits of Milk - Nature's Perfect Food
- good source of high quality protein
- easily absorbed calcium
- vitamin A
- other B vitamins
- sodium chloride
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Aunt Allison's Breadless Strata
Trader Joe's Chicken Breakfast Sausages
* Assorted Pastries / * Fruit Breads
Trader Joe's also sells an excellent Banana Bread Mix (very easy to make
* Fresh Fruit or * Juice
* coffee / tea / mineral water (drink daily)Aunt Allison's Breadless Strata
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- *16 oz. (1 pint) cottage cheese
- * 1 lb. of jack cheese ( or cheese of choice) grated
- * 1/2 cup of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees
- sift dry ingredients (set aside)
- mix eggs
add both cheeses
- mix in dry ingredients
- set egg mixture aside
- put butter into a 3 quart glass baking dish and melt in oven
- remove dish and pour egg mixture into baking dish
- bake uncovered in for 15 minutes
- turn oven down to 350 degrees
continue cooking uncovered for 45 minutes
- if edges start to get too brown cover with foil
- remove when finished cooking and let rest before serving
- garnish with fresh chopped parsley and fresh ground pepper
- include on buffet salsa / hot sauce
2. Day Two Menu - Travel Day Buffet
- * assorted yogurts - create a self serve station
- toppings for yogurt: Kashi Cereals - the crunchy 7 whole grain nuggets cereal holds up well in the yogurt / chopped walnuts or almonds/ fresh berries
- if serving plain yogurt serve honey to help add a naturally sweet flavor
- * assorted bagels / * toasts / rye crackers
- smoked salmon (Whole Foods has an excellent selection)
- *cream cheese / goat cheese
- sliced melon
- *coffee / tea / mineral water (drink daily)
HELPFUL HINT:1.If you do not live in Southern California, I am sure there is a local farm near you that would be very happy to deliver farm fresh products to your home. If you do live in Southern California, then visit www.rockviewfarms.com and start making your life simple and healthy!
2. Aunt Allison's Breadless Strata can easily be made for fewer people. Just cut the ingredients in half, use a smaller glass dish, and bake for half the amount of time.
FUN FACT:Benefits of Drinking Mineral Water
Information provided by GlasWater Blog and ArticlesThe minerals listed below are found in most popular mineral waters, however be sure to drink waters that are low in sodium.
- magnesium - Strengthens the immune system, relaxes the body and muscles and even helps lower blood pressure.
- chloride & bicarbonates - Helps with digestion and assists in keeping acid and balance within the stomach and upper and lower intestines.Sulfate
- iron - Small quantities found in many types of mineral water. Iron is necessary to help blood deliver oxygen throughout the body.
- sulfate - Used by the body as a cleaning and detoxifying agent.
SIMPLY STOCKED PANTRY:flour
freshly ground coffee / whole beans (actually better if stored in the freezer)
hot sauces of choice
Thursday, July 8, 2010
- SIMPLE SOLUTION:
"the fastest way to load and unload"
STOP carrying bags! The extra weight will strain your back, neck and shoulders not to mention your arms. After a lot of research (thank you Jeff :), I decided to buy an Easy Wheels Jumbo Elite Chrome Shopping Cart. It is light-weight, easy to store and very versatile. In fact, I store the cart in my laundry room so it is easy to get to. And, I no longer carry bags.
Top Five Reasons to Buy the Easy Wheels Cart:
- solid genuine rubber tires
- it folds flat
- weighs 15 lbs
- can hold up to 150 lbs
- easily hooks onto grocery carts
- On the pool deck: It can easily be transported in a car even as small as the Honda Fit (love the Fit! thank you Bryant Lee - Huntington Beach Honda). I can put three swim bags, a plastic tub with water bottles, powder and ear solution, (2) shower bags, (2) lunch boxes, three towels, (2) cozy jackets, a purse and still have room for my coffee thermos. The best part... it stands off the ground so everything inside stays dry.
- Carry grocery bags home from the market: I can easily fit four to five recyclable shopping bags. Walking to my local market keeps my parking space, adds exercise to my day and saves gas.
- Holds a week's worth of library books - that would 25 books for our house. I would bet money that you have a local library in your neighborhood that is less than one mile round trip. My girls ride their scooters and I push my cart.
- I am not a fan of WalMart, in fact never shop there. However, I had money in a PayPal account and was able to order the cart on line and pay with PayPal at WalMart. I did not pay for shipping because I picked the cart up at my local store. The cart is also listed on line at Bed Bath and Beyond.
- Cost of the Cart: Between $50 - $60
1. Burn Calories by walking with your cart. Walk just half a mile and burn the following...
- 34 calories if you weigh 130 lbs
- 37 calories if you weigh 140 lbs
- 40 calories if you weigh 150 lbs
- 42 calories if you weigh 160 lbs
2. Fun Read: The Push Cart War, A popular children's book written by Jean Merrill and illustrated by Ronni Salbert. It was published in 1964 and concerns a war between pushcart peddlers and delivery trucks in New York City.
3. The country looses 119 million lost working days due to back pain.
SIMPLY STOCKED MOM'S CAR:
Easy Wheels Cart
(1) Plastic Tub with Handles: for wet towels, swim suits, wet suits, etc. Just carry it into your house and drop if front of your washer. To keeps you from loosing and parts during travel. Also good for soaking sting ray wounds.
First Aid Kit
Small Container of Vinegar: pour on jelly fish stings!
Rain Umbrella / Beach Umbrella
Roll of Paper Towels
Plenty of Mint Gum :)
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Replace a "traditional" protein with firm tofu.
1. Breakfast: instead of an egg... cut firm tofu into squares and eat along side your favorite fruit and toast. (either as is or cooked)
- to cook tofu, remove from package rinse and pat dry
- brown in a non-stick pan on medium high for about 5 - 7 minutes on each side
2. Lunch / Dinner
- add to your favorite pasta
- mix into your favorite vegetable or noodle soup
- serve with a bowl of rice and drizzle a little soy sauce
- replace it for a protein in curry and brown rice
- Pasta with Pesto Tofu
- Cook any shape pasta - try whole wheat it has great flavor.Cut tofu into squares and cook - cut into cubes after cooking.
- Of course you can make your own pesto, however I only make fresh pesto in the summer when basil is season in my garden. Otherwise,I like to use Genova Pesto from Trader Joe's. You can find it in the refrigerator section next to the hummus and salsa.
- After the pasta is cooked and drained (do not rinse) add cubed tofu and pesto (straight from the container - let it come to room temperature) gently toss together and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Complete this meal with a salad of mixed baby greens.
2. Curry Tofu and Broccoli with Brown Rice
- Cook brown rice (use a rice cooker for perfect rice and do not forget to soak your rice in the cooker for at least an hour before cooking).
- Saute broccoli with shallots and garlic in a little olive oil before adding 1/4 cup of water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cook tofu
- Curry simmer: Trader Joe's has two excellent curry simmers that are easy to use. Stir in tofu and broccoli into the curry simmer and serve with brown rice.
- Zion Market (Korean Market in Hawaiian Gardens) has a huge selection of ready to serve curries.
- Complete this meal with sliced melon.
HELPFUL HINT:Tofu can be stored in it's original package in the refrigerator until the expiration date posted. Once you open the tofu cover it with water and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Be sure to change the water daily, and the tofu will last 5 - 7 days.
- Tofu was first used in China more than 2000 years ago
- 4oz of tofu has 10.1 grams of protein and 94 calories
- Daily recommended intake of protein: women - 46 grams / men - 56 grams
- Plate designed by Dorothy J. Smith AKA Nana
Whole Wheat Pasta
Trader Joe's Genova Pesto
Mixed Baby Greens
Trader Joe's Curry Simmer
KEEP IT SIMPLE PANTRY:
Sea or Kosher Salt
Cracked Black Pepper
Favorite Dry Herbs (only keep the one you use)
Chicken / Vegetable Stock
Red Wine Vinegar
Green Tea (drink it every day)
Good Brown Rice